Sorry about the gloomy post yesterday. I didn’t mean for it to be sad but just wanted to open your eyes to being present in your loved ones lives. DO IT!! Thanks for letting me vent about it. Just sharing my guilt with you made me feel a little better about the day. And for the record I did cover Baby Belle in about a million kisses last night.
So crossfit…still no big post on it yet but that is because I am having a little problem finding my groove and getting really comfortable with the coaches and other participants. Nothing that they do…it is all me. I am just incredibly shy, introverted and intimidated and have been too shy to ask questions. I have emailed some of my crossfit blogging heros (Janetha, Clare, Tina and Jess for advice and hope they can help guide me with that :(. I know they are busy women with lives so while I wait I will try to quit being a baby and just do what I need to do! 🙂 In the mean time you can check out their blogs and see what a real crossfit champion is like!
So I skipped crossfit this morning. I am friends with the box on facebook and they post the WOD the day before. If I know pull ups are involved I don’t go because I struggle so much with these but am too scared to ask for help. Now I feel like such an idiot because I didn’t go. So now I need to improvise the WOD for today and do it on my own.
I do have weights and a weight bench so I can work on the back squats.
I can’t do pull ups….as you know that is a problem for me. ; ) I am having issues finding anything comparable obviously but lateral pull downs with a resistance band hung from our garage rafters? Any other suggestions?
I can obviously do the 200 meter run and then will substitute kettlebell swings for the wall balls. That is improvisation my friends.
I also improvised my white chicken chili this morning and used some of our wedding pork instead of chicken. We still have 7 bags of pork from the wedding so I have to get creative 🙂
See how much is left in that big bag of pork. We are also having pork quesadillas and pork ragu over noodles this week! Oy!
So I mentioned Janetha earlier in the post. She is my most favorite blogger and I read EVERY SINGLE POST! Today in my email I saw a post announcing a challenge she is involved in. I am not sure if it is naughty to steal these pictures but Janetha totally designed it for her blog!
Here are the challenge rules which can be found at the box Janetha goes to, GPP. You don’t have to go their to join. I will donate my naughty donations to my church’s food pantry.
The GPP Turkey Day Challenge
Beginning Monday Oct. 29 we issue this challenge to those who need to clean up their eating, become more committed to exercise and improve health.
There are 3 parts to this challenge that you must commit to:
- You may eat NO ADDED SUGAR – no white sugar, no brown sugar, no high fructose corn syrup (you’ll have to check labels for this sneaky beast). Honey and agave are ok. Unprocessed fruits are OK. You can have Splenda and Asptartame, but why the H would you want to? Basically, anything that is a sugary sweet eaten for pleasure alone is off limits. Just until Thanksgiving day.
- You must complete 5 GPP workouts per week PLUS three extra 30 minute cardio sessions per week.
- You are to pick a health related challenge to stick to. Once picked, you should post this healthy challenge and how you will be accountable for compliance to it. For example: you may choose to begin a few rounds of BCD & post (daily) whether or not you stuck to it. Below are a few suggestions of health related challenges you may consider:
- Comply strictly with a GPP meal plan.
- Get 6-8 hours of sleep per night.
- 50 extra burpees per day.
- Pray/meditate daily
- No unhealthy snacks.
- Take a daily multi vitamin.
- 5 servings of fruits + 5 servings of vegetables per day.
- Eat .9 g of lean protein per lb of lean body weight daily.
- Eat healthy & correct portions of breakfast/lunch/dinner.
- Weekly community service.
- Weigh & measure weekly.
If you are going to commit to any of the above, you have to be committed enough to put some teeth into it. In other words, it has to HURT if you break your commitment. So here is how that works:
- You must commit to, and define your intention to complete the challenge to comments.
- You must post daily results of your challenge to comments.
- There are penalties for not following through. Each time you miss a workout, indulge in a sugary treat, or mess up on your personal goal (your observable, measurable & repeatable one) you are to pay $1, or 1 can of food for every offense! Strictly enforced by HONOR. These are to be dropped off at GPP HQ. Questions or exceptions are to be voted upon by those in the challenge. Majority rules!
All of the money raised and food items collected will be donated to the Bountiful Food Pantry.
Challenge ends at midnight, Nov. 21st.
We invite anyone looking to get a healthy jump on this holiday season to participate! We look forward to your successful daily posts!
So here are my added goals in addition to GPP’s rules
1. I will weigh and measure weekly. I will post this on Thursday.
2. I will read the bible daily. Even if it is for 5 minutes.
I am horrible at sticking to these types of things so I truly need all of your help.
Wanna join? Comment here.